When you look at the Photo album the thumbnails line up and scroll horizontally in every browser. However when I click on Paintings the thumbnails go out of wack and different things on each browser, basically does not line up horizontally like it should.

I know .hide is what causes this to happen. If I take out the .hide script the two albums show up one after and another and the thumbnails for both line up horizontally in every browser.

I hope this make sense.

album

Edited by skald89: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Airshow

skald89,

Appears to be working now (Opera 11.50).

Did you fix it since posting?

Airshow

Not really. I did a stupid work around for now. I have one album fadeout in 0 milliseconds instead of hiding on load. I will post an updated link with the issue later tonight.

Skald,

Something's wrong with Daniweb notifications. They are arriving here up to several days late.

I see the issue in Opera.

Interesting that your workaround should be effective because fadeOut() performs a .hide() action as it completes.

With your workaround in place, does gallery2 successfully manually-hide then manually-show (ie by clicking "First"/"Second")?

Airshow

Skald,

Something's wrong with Daniweb notifications. They are arriving here up to several days late.

I see the issue in Opera.

Interesting that your workaround should be effective because fadeOut() performs a .hide() action as it completes.

With your workaround in place, does gallery2 successfully manually-hide then manually-show (ie by clicking "First"/"Second")?

Airshow

Yeah, if i do .fadeout the galleries appear normally and are able to be switched.

Skald,

In that case, I would say your workaround (.fadeOut(0)) isn't so stupid.

It does the job and I can't suggest anything better.

Airshow

That said, you could try this more sophisticated approach:

$(function() {
	//First find the two galleries and the First and Second buttons.
	var $galleries = $('.ad-gallery');
	var $first = $('#FIRST');
	var $second = $('#SECOND');

//Then attach the gallery switching handlers
	var $first.click(function(e) {
		$galleries.eq(0).show();
		$galleries.eq(1).hide();
	});
	$second.click(function(e) {
		$galleries.eq(0).hide();
		$galleries.eq(1).show();
	});

//Then all the dynamic descriptions/titles
	$('img.image1').data('ad-desc', 'Whoa! This description is set through elm.data("ad-desc") instead of using the longdesc attribute.<br>And it contains <strong>H</strong>ow <strong>T</strong>o <strong>M</strong>eet <strong>L</strong>adies... <em>What?</em> That aint what HTML stands for? Man...');
	$('img.image1').data('ad-title', 'Title through $.data');
	$('img.image4').data('ad-desc', 'This image is wider than the wrapper, so it has been scaled down');
	$('img.image5').data('ad-desc', 'This image is higher than the wrapper, so it has been scaled down');

//Then (hopefully) the clever bit
	// initialise the galleries, with a callback to simulate a click on the First button, after internal initialisation.
	$galleries.adGallery({
		callbacks: {
			init: function() {
				$first.click();
			}
		}
	});
});

If it doesn't work then it's not sophisticated at all. Stick it in the bin.

Airshow

Edited by Airshow: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.