Could Someone PLease Help Create Forums... Some Reference Codes PDFs? I don't owe a top-level domain just free hosting so here it comes... I'm a 15-yr old boy and I want to learn how to make forums with users log-in... gonna style it put some ads(which is the thing I know)... I never earned online and I think I finally found out the right place...
Look. I maybe just some highschool but I'm desperate to learn!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is that It? 23 views, No Answer?

Member Avatar for stbuchok

I think you are in over your head. First you need to learn how to program for the web. This means learning ASP.Net or PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML and SQL. Creating a forum from scratch is no easy task and unless you know the above mentioned programming/scripting languages, you are not going to be able to do it.

So basically, here is what I say you should do, if you are serious about doing this:

1. Spend 2 years learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript (learning how to use something like Photoshop will help as well). These three are the foundation for everything on the internet and knowing them is vital.

2. Spend 3 years learning a server side programming language (VB.NET, C# or PHP, I prefer C#, but that's just me). Spend the first year just learning the language with a little bit of SQL (just worry about simple SQL statements if possible). For the next 2 years keep improving upon what you have learned and start looking at design patterns and complex SQL queries and using stored procedures. Also look into security concerns like cross site scripting, querystring encryption and various other security concerns.

Hope this helps.

I think you are in over your head. First you need to learn how to program for the web. This means learning ASP.Net or PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML and SQL. Creating a forum from scratch is no easy task and unless you know the above mentioned programming/scripting languages, you are not going to be able to do it.

So basically, here is what I say you should do, if you are serious about doing this:

1. Spend 2 years learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript (learning how to use something like Photoshop will help as well). These three are the foundation for everything on the internet and knowing them is vital.

2. Spend 3 years learning a server side programming language (VB.NET, C# or PHP, I prefer C#, but that's just me). Spend the first year just learning the language with a little bit of SQL (just worry about simple SQL statements if possible). For the next 2 years keep improving upon what you have learned and start looking at design patterns and complex SQL queries and using stored procedures. Also look into security concerns like cross site scripting, querystring encryption and various other security concerns.

Hope this helps.

Hey Man Your'e Great this answer helps me lot, I knew and I really want to spend years learning that. But in my current case... Maybe I need just some references to help me...
And I'm very sorry for not so being patient. Thanks A Lot!!!

No need to be sorry.

Look on Amazon for books (you can get used books for pretty cheap), if you can't afford the books (let's face it some of the books are expensive, but reminding parents that it's educational normally will make them cave into buying them for you) you can start off by looking at W3Schools.com for HTML, CSS and JavaScript. This site will only give you the basics but is an excellent starting point. Once you know the basics look for the more advanced topics (CSS tableless design, AJAX - Asynchronous JavaScript...).

Hope this helps.

One more thing, since you are just starting out and this is more about education than a real world application, learn HTML5. It may not be a complete standard yet, but by the time you have learned it, it should be much more wide spread and will be more useful than HTML4 for you. Again you can start at W3Schools.com.

Also this is how I started learning as well. Just be patient with yourself and keep trying to learn. If you ever need help, feel free to message me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.