Hi,

I have a website. I want to put a searchbox and search what i want to find in content of my website not in database file. How can i do this?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

With any kind wof search it's always better to have some kind of index, database or otherwise as parsing pages for content on the fly is very slow. Is all your content flat? as in on the pages? I suppose one databaseless way of doing this would be to put your content (provided it's not a huge amount) in an xml file, load it into a datatable and use DataTable.Select its still not great but perhaps a possible stop gap till you have a truly dynamic site. The benefit of the xml file is that it can be asily updated, but performance wise it isnt a great idea. Alternatively google offer a search box, but to get any decent results you will have to a) sign up and b) wait till your pages get spidered esle the results will be all google sponsered ads.

Hi,
I think i ll do it with using database. That is better.
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.