Dear All,
I have function where I read from a mysql table a set of value. Part of my codes is like this

echo "<tr id='gridRow'>
 <td >$count</td>
 <td> <input type='checkbox' onClick=selectAndUpdate('$row1[size]')></td>
 <td> {$row1[SerialNo]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[InHouseBranding]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[BrandCode]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[size]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[Pattern]}</td>  
 <td> {$row1[EntryStatus]}</td>   
 </tr>";

A sample row generated is as below can you notice this line <input type="checkbox" 22.567')="" onclick="selectAndUpdate('21060R"> why the same value appear properly in the <td> 21060R 22.567</td> but in the previous line is showing me like this 22.567')="" onclick="selectAndUpdate('21060R"> any idea?

<tr id="gridRow">
<td>1</td>
<td>
<input type="checkbox" 22.567')="" onclick="selectAndUpdate('21060R">
</td>
<td> EA12</td>
<td> BOR1</td>
<td> GY</td>
<td> 21060R 22.567</td>
<td> HMG 2020</td>
<td> New</td>
</tr>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The HTML code (second snippet) seem not to be generated from the PHP code in the first snippet since PHP code says id='gridRow' (single quotes) and HTML generated is id="gridRow" (double quotes)

I would code like this (all HTML attributes in double quotes):

echo "<tr id=\"gridRow\">
 <td >$count</td>
 <td> <input type=\"checkbox\" onClick=\"selectAndUpdate('$row1[size]')\"></td>
 <td> {$row1[SerialNo]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[InHouseBranding]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[BrandCode]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[size]}</td> 
 <td> {$row1[Pattern]}</td>  
 <td> {$row1[EntryStatus]}</td>   
 </tr>";

Maybe my reply is not directly related to your question but the coding should be correct at first place to make it easier to spot the cause of the problem.

I tried your code and get HTML without an error. The only thing I changed was I surrounded all the indexes of the $row1 array with single quotes like

$row1['SerialNo']

Also surround the argument of onclick attribute with escaped double quotes like:

onClick=\"selectAndUpdate('$row1[size]')\"

(this is only recommendation from W3C).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.