// print output
echo 'php code ';
?>

</body>
</html>

i get output on browser
abcdefrr

----please help me run php code embeded in html page
also the case when i run a page containing only php code then output is a blank page reply soon

im working on win xp with apache 2.0.55 ,php4
when i run the code
<html>
<head></head>
<body>
abcdefrr<br />

<?php
// print output
echo 'php code';
?>

</body>
</html>

i get output on browser
abcdefrr

Of course, you would get this (abcdefrr) output on your browser because it is written in the body of your HTML code. Delete and you will not find it anymore. And, you should get these output on your browser:
abcdefrr // HTML output
php code //This is your php code output

If you will not get or display "php code" on your browser. Definitely, you have problem in your apache 2.0.55 server. Why don't you use IIS server (it is included in windows XP) and install PHP in it.

Good luck!

im working on win xp with apache 2.0.55 ,php4
when i run the code
<html>
<head></head>
<body>
abcdefrr<br />

<?php
// print output
echo 'php code';
?>

</body>
</html>

i get output on browser
abcdefrr

Of course, you would get this (abcdefrr) output on your browser because it is written in the body of your HTML code. Delete and you will not find it anymore. And, you should get these output on your browser:
abcdefrr // HTML output
php code //This is your php code output

If you will not get or display "php code" on your browser. Definitely, you have problem in your apache 2.0.55 server. Why don't you use IIS server (it is included in windows XP) and install PHP in it.

Good luck!

sorry to say but i need to learn working with apache only anyways thanks for the reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.