Hello

I'm new to sql (sql 2000 database) and i'm trying to get two simple things.

I have two sql queries that i run in order to display a result and to update another one.

The queries that i run in sql query analizer are:

1. select memb_guid from MEMB_INFO where memb___id='account'

2. update MuCashShop_DATA set CashPoint=CashPoint+10 where memb_guid='id'

So the 1st query displays the number of member_guid according to the account i enter and the 2nd query updates a table according tot he number that i obtain from the first query.

Instead of running these two queries everytime in query analizer i would like to do it directly from a website page.

So for the first query i should have a search box where i add the account name and it will give me the memb_guid result which is a number. Example: i enter account name test , hit search and it should display me the memb_guid number for that account like 121

And the second query it should have two boxes: one where i add the number from memb_guid displayed in the first query and in the second box i should add the number that will update cashpoints ( in my example is the 10 from CashPoint=CashPoint+10) value number.
Example: adding to member 121 (first box) + 500 cashpoints (second box) to the ones which he already has. Hit the update button and he should have his account edited

Thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You could have something like this for your page to get the details.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Get Details</title>
</head>
<body>
<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="post" name="get_memb_gui">
  <label>Member_Guid: </label>
  <input type="text" name="memguid" />
  <input type="submit" value="Get Memb_guid" />
</form><br />
<?php 
@$membguid=$_POST['memguid'];
?>
<form action="update.php" method="post" name="update">
  <label>Member_Guid: </label>
  <input type="text" name="memguid" value="<?php echo $membguid; ?>"/>
  <br />
  <label>Cashpoints to Add: </label>
  <input type="text" name="cashpoints" />
  <input type="submit" value="Update" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

And this sends to update.php, which is where you would have you sql statements.

\\connect to your database
\\\get the variables $cashpoints=$_POST;

then
1. select memb_guid from MEMB_INFO where memb___id='account'

2. update MuCashShop_DATA set CashPoint=CashPoint+10 where memb_guid='id'

MAke sure you sanitize any user input!

Sorry, i just read the bit where it said your new to sql. It might have helped if i included the sql part. When i get time later today i will upload an example for you:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.