Please tell me which webhosting is good for the sites having php scripts?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

search this forum. this question has been asked to death recently. :(

GoDaddy.com and NetworkSolutions.com are great for hosting and domains. I use GoDaddy for my domains because they are cheaper and NetworkSolutions.com for my hosting. I never tried GoDaddy yet but my uncle (who is a web developer/software developer) says GoDaddy isn't as fast as NetworkSolutions.

There are many good solutions. GoDaddy isn't one of them.

The question is not specific enought. It would be better if you tell us what kind of php script you use.

I suggest NetworkSolutions

Member Avatar for diafol

What do you need?
cPanel?
Mail - unlimited?
Unlimited MySQL dbs?
PostgreSQL dbs?
FTP unlimited?
Hosted software, eg phpBB, wordpress, cmses

You usually get what you pay for. Pay peanuts, get shite.
However, I'm with justhost and I've found them really good - good coverage and cheap. About the only thing I couldn't do with their package was fiddle my DNS zone.

If you're going to evaluate a host, look less at the features and more at the infrastructure. If you are looking at a shared host or a reseller account than some important things to consider would be:

1. Is your data protected by some kind of RAID array?
  2. Is your data also remotely backed up in some automated fashion at a set interval?
  3. Is the server oversold (AKA are the same resources sold to more than one user)?
  4. Where is the server located (Datacenter and Physically)?
  5. What kind of connectivity does the server have? 10Mbps/100Mbps/1000Mbps etc.

Some other more technical concerns should be how the host has PHP configured, including what extensions they have installed. Most shared/reseller hosts will NOT custom configure their php installations for you. But, there are some that will if that is what you need.

Most shared/reseller hosts use some form of control panel. These provide the features like emails, ftps, databases, etc etc. Commonly you'll see cPanel, DirectAdmin or Plesk. However, there are many other control panel solutions as well as some in-house solutions the host developed themselves.

I completely agree with ardav. You absolutely get what you pay for. Steer far away from unlimited hosting, unless of course you can show me an unlimited hard drive, or a NIC with an infinite port speed.

A great resource is Web Hosting Talk search for the name of any host you're looking at and read some reviews.

commented: good points +13

You absolutely get what you pay for. Steer far away from unlimited hosting, unless of course you can show me an unlimited hard drive, or a NIC with an infinite port speed.

Good logic! Loved it!

linod is cheap for php and mysql

get hosting service from XnYnZ.com they are doing good service in hosting and have some good deals.. check out their plan,if interested you can opt them...

Thanks a lot!!! I was searching for that...finally, I found in your blog. Again I want to say Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.