Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Canea

Open php.ini file and remove the semicolon in front of the line:

;extension=php_curl.dll

restart apache / server

if this is on your remote server, perhaps the host has disabled it - if so - you'll have to talk to them.

;extension=php_curl.dll

restart apache / server

if this is on your remote server, perhaps the host has disabled it - if so - you'll have to talk to them.

Very much appreciated, thank you Ardav.

regards,
C.

;extension=php_curl.dll

restart apache / server

I'm afraid the php.ini file hosted in my remote server doesn't contain the info you are referring to. Here's its content:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
max_execution_time = 18000;
upload_max_filesize = 999M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;
allow_url_fopen = on;

this is the only php.ini I can find. Could you kindly advise?

regards,
C.

I'm afraid the php.ini file hosted in my remote server doesn't contain the info you are referring to. Here's its content:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
max_execution_time = 18000;
upload_max_filesize = 999M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;
allow_url_fopen = on; this is the only php.ini I can find. Could you kindly advise?

regards,
C.

Do you have full control of the php.ini file? You usually won't be allowed to mess with it directly in shared hosting. You may have a cut-down version in your account which allows you a modicum of control just over your stuff. I'm surprised that you don't have curl if they allow allow_url_fopen.
Anyway, you'll probably need to talk to your host - see if they have anything on their FAQ section or help forum before you post a help ticket.

You've done a phpinfo(); right? Just to see what's available to you.

Edited by diafol: n/a

Do you have full control of the php.ini file? You usually won't be allowed to mess with it directly in shared hosting. You may have a cut-down version in your account which allows you a modicum of control just over your stuff. I'm surprised that you don't have curl if they allow allow_url_fopen.
Anyway, you'll probably need to talk to your host - see if they have anything on their FAQ section or help forum before you post a help ticket.

You've done a phpinfo(); right? Just to see what's available to you.

I'll surely check with host; in the meanwhile I thought I owed you an answer to thank you for the support you've given:
after running phpinfo():

cURL support: enabled
cURL Information: libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

regards,
C.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.