Hi,

I am in need of help to get few things sorted on a classic ASP page, if anyone could please advise me how to get this done or where I can find some examples please.
Brief note on what I want to do

I have a ASP page where I have a text box and a submit button and these are the actions I want to happen.
• Put a text string in the text box and
• Click the button
• When the button is clicked, the text string in the text box should be pass on to a function
• This value then should be evaluated for certain conditions (ex. Cannot have number 8, 9 and char d and y) in a VB6 DLL
• The DLL should then return a value if any of the values are in the text string it should return 1 if not 0
• Capture the return results and depending on the results divert the page to different asp page.

thank you for the help.

AF.

Hi

Why go to the bother of processing in a Vb DLL? Why not on form submission apply your checks on the client side and then divert to the page accordingly this will save you a round trip to the server and be alot faster or maybe I'm missing something here in your purpose for doing this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.