can someone help me make a site to compete with www.google.com? im on aim halp plz :)

can someone help me make a site to compete with www.google.com? im on aim halp plz :)

Compete with google? Google is the internet GOD, google decides who you can compete with..

i need a php script to terraform the globe.. help pls

ktnxbai

Come up with your own thing. While MySpace is not difficult to immitate, it will be very difficult for you to grow a community. There are immitators everywhere. For the sake of the php community, Mar Zuckerberg has already done it with Facebook(using nothing more than php and apache). Do you have any clue how many dedicated servers myspace.com has? Unless you are a millionaire, out of your league. You can't compete. Try something easier, like trying to out produce exxon in the gasoline industry. Seriously, don't re-invent the wheel. I feel your pain and I know how slow myspace is. It's asp.net mixed with coldfusion mixed with a severe scalability problem. I don't think it has any relation to one particular web language in general but yet, a mass amount confusion from the PM down. These people couldn't differentiate an electric fan from a turbine wheel. However, the idea has been pocketed and the money has been made.

Compete with google? Google is the internet GOD, google decides who you can compete with..

it was sort of a joke ...

it was sort of a joke ...

lol, it was funny.

Well I am doing just that. I have found PHP is not powerful enough so I am using Perl to compete with Google. I have already completed a type of search engine I call InfoBot where you add the answers manually (text - not links). So I am already starting the next step for a search engine that will automatically scan the web for links. And I am serious. As for the first post made in this topic, I would happily help you make a variation of myspace.com and I will pm you my msn contact.

How could you compete against a company with 1600 employees and 100 million users (myspace). What are you, lost your mind?

commented: Fairly pointless bumping a almost 3 year old thread... +0

Myspace and other such social networking communities are huge. Think about all the advertisments they have with phone companys, international football teams ect.
It's quite stupid to ask for someone to teach you how to program something like myspace, and very silly to say you could market it better. Unless you own a few banks you don't have a chance.

The only advice I can give is to start small. Baby steps. Try not to focus on beating myspace, try to focus on giving the users of your site something which other websites cant.

Hope this helps and good luck

Seriously, No one is going to compete with myspace.com? If you honestly think that you need to take a look at some others that are doing it.. plentyoffish.com, myyearbook.com. tagged.com. It could be done, would more likely be on a smaller scale unless for some reason it was spammed to hell and beyond and people actually liked it....

Seriously, No one is going to compete with myspace.com? If you honestly think that you need to take a look at some others that are doing it.. plentyoffish.com, myyearbook.com. tagged.com. It could be done, would more likely be on a smaller scale unless for some reason it was spammed to hell and beyond and people actually liked it....

Well I am. Another 2 years and my social network cms should be fully functional and ready to launch. I find the best way to compete with social networks is to offer more than what any single social network has to offer today. This includes personal websites with personal online game makers, an online cinema section and the ability to be able to search inter-site profiles. I already have plans for the promotion of the social network which won't be a problem and as for the advertisements, I'll at first use Google Adsense then when there is plenty of traffic I'll setup my own advertising campaign.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.