I am working on a website where I have 2 php pages.

1st page: addfb.php
2nd page: fbadded.php

Now, "addfb.php" contains a form with a text field and a submitt button with form action method set to "fbadded.php"

Now whenever I click submit button on addfb.php, instead of going to fbadded.php, I am receiving one error which is like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /fbadded.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.16 Server at myblogis.in Port 80

I have several such forms on other pages but I don't get such sort of error on those pages.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Check if the path is not wrong in the action attribute of the form tag, it seems the document is not found: Additionally, a 404 Not Found error...

you need to change the access-rights(permissions) of the file
this is a unix command see this

chmod 664 fbadded.php

some ftp programs also have the posbilety to do this

the 404 is because apache tries to load a error page it can't find

Check if the path is not wrong in the action attribute of the form tag, it seems the document is not found: Additionally, a 404 Not Found error...

The path i gave is correct ... :(

you need to change the access-rights(permissions) of the file
this is a unix command see this

chmod 664 fbadded.php

some ftp programs also have the posbilety to do this

the 404 is because apache tries to load a error page it can't find

I even tried this.. but no success!!! :(

Just some questions:
what is the permission of that file?
also check the permission on the dir that its in?
is the dir above the webroot?
are you asked to provide a password?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.