Hi..
Any one please tell me what is the method going on after this link : (download button) http://www.cell93.com/angels/wallpapers/
Please help me out...
Here is a php file in server named “download.php” , I tried using too many php code to active download like this but each of every time, I failed.
Please help me to figure out this code..
Or please refer me with another code by which I can create this type of optional download button using php.
Looking forward to hear from you soon..
Thanks,
Subrata Samanta

I have a code:

<?php

// place this code inside a php file and call it f.e. "download.php"
$path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/path2file/"; // change the path to fit your websites document structure
$fullPath = $path.$_GET['download_file'];

if ($fd = fopen ($fullPath, "r")) {
    $fsize = filesize($fullPath);
    $path_parts = pathinfo($fullPath);
    $ext = strtolower($path_parts["extension"]);
    switch ($ext) {
        case "pdf":
        header("Content-type: application/pdf"); // add here more headers for diff. extensions
        header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\""); // use 'attachment' to force a download
        break;
        default;
        header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");
        header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\"");
    }
    header("Content-length: $fsize");
    header("Cache-control: private"); //use this to open files directly
    while(!feof($fd)) {
        $buffer = fread($fd, 2048);
        echo $buffer;
    }
}
fclose ($fd);
exit;
// example: place this kind of link into the document where the file download is offered:
// <a href="download.php?download_file=some_file.pdf">Download here</a>
?>

but I cant understand what i have to to because it not working, i cant edit it..
Please help..

I don't know how to edit it..
Please help me,
I sent a link where i want to test it : http://www.pixyedges.com/subrata/
you can find all the images & folder structure here
please help me out..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.