Hi im currently trying to develop a Joomla component and trying to create the back admin form for my component. I have a table containing category name and another linked to it using category id and in my joomla form need to get the category name in a drop down from the category table.

how do i achieve this.i know how to achieve this via plain php+sql query but joomla you can't actually write the query directly since it use classes to do the query which i suppose to simplify things.

can anybody help

Hi eltonpiko

you have to write mvc based classes for component to finish your job but if you can't than simpily create a basic component than write php and mysql query whcih you have write in plain or core php and fix ur issue.
In short you can run your core php queries every where either it is joomla or wordpress but firt step must have to be taken in your code create folder for your component than write the query as you want .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.