Hi All,

I am designing a web page using JSP / JDBC / JavaScript and apache tomcat 5.5. There seems to have a major issue after few page request. Initially, all pages respond was excellent but after few ( 10 - 15 ) requests, the respond time drops to minutes ( sometime 2- 3 minutes ).

Now. if I restart the tomcat this problem goes off for again say 10 new request but again the situation remains the same. As I am suspecting some memory leak as I am more of C++ coder, but Java / JSP being a auto garbage collector, How can this happen at all? 

I know that the number of requst I am making is huge ( may be 3 per page refresh as I am connected pages ) but still, I am not okey with this ..  Request you all to kindly address me any sort of help to resolve this matter.. As I am completely stucked in here..

With Thanks in Advance

I am designing a web page using JSP / JDBC / JavaScript and apache tomcat 5.5. There seems to have a major issue after few page request. Initially, all pages respond was excellent but after few ( 10 - 15 ) requests, the respond time drops to minutes ( sometime 2- 3 minutes ).

The response also depends on the content of your page. What is your output page consists of ? and Also Make sure your code is logically correct. (i mean is database connected for every request or only for first request if at all you are using jdbc...etc..)

I dont think there might be a problem in tomcat server . Anyway its' a temporary issue ....try re-installing the server

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.