I had a nice set of useful preferences set up such as code coloring preferences. One day they were just gone. I had not installed anything or done anything to cause it -- to my knowledge.

Now I’ve re-updated many of my Dreamweaver preferences. I would like to save / export the preferences so that if they’re lost again by the system, I can reload them.

I have tried searching for info on how to do this, and anything that seems close is not it. (For example, saving so-called Site Definitions seems to be something completely different.)

If I’m missing something easy and you know of a link where I can find this, I’d appreciate your sharing it with me. Or, if you can explain the procedure, please do that. Thanks! (I have CS5.5.)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This folder, depending on your OS (and username):

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX\Configuration

Please note that I found this on the Adobe forum, and I do not use nor know anything about DreamWeaver.

Thank you for the idea, pritaeas. I don't have that path (but I remember its beginning from previous PC's I've had). I currently have Windows 7 Professional.

I'll see if maybe I can convert your idea into something for my OS. If I find it, I'll post it here. Otherwise, everyone will know I still don't know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.