Can any one help me in generating a webpage using php which should contain a form in a table of 4 columns and more than 50 rows with textboxes.. The data in the first 2 columns has to be retrieved from the database based on the attributes selected in the previous page (eg. if he selects India the 1st 2 columns of next page should contain the names n id of all the Indians from the database). The 3rd n 4th columns should be textboxes where user can enter data n that has to be stored in the database. plz help me with this.. tanq.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

s India the 1st 2 columns of next page should contain the names n id of all the Indians from the database). The 3rd n 4th columns should be textboxes where user can enter data n that has to be stored in the database. plz help me with this.. tanq.

What have you tried so far? Post your attempt!

Can any one help me in generating a webpage using php which should contain a form in a table of 4 columns and more than 50 rows with textboxes

Sure thing. But, please show us what you've done so far and if anything needs any correction, we will help you.

I do appreciate your genuine question. Are you doing this for an assignment or something like that?

ya its a kind of assignment. I have to generate a marks sheet depending on the details selected in the previous page where the faculty can enter the marks of the class which has to be stored in database.. Actually I dont have any idea how to generate that page. I jus completed upto the select page where he selects the details. If u guys give any idea regarding that I shall proceed further. Tanq..

Ok. Now, I know what you mean. Make a form and put a table inside it with however many cells (This way you can get the marks from users/teachers and store them in the database)

In your second page, query your database and get the data needed and display it in a table or whatever format you want.

I hope this gives you a slight idea of how to do the tasks.

Here's an idea: store the user's selections & display depending on whether or not user selected them.

Look up include() and/or file read/write with PHP!

I actually recently did what you want to do with HTML(+ CSS) and PHP!

I think we're getting him on the right track hopefully.

d what y

ya its useful.. tanq for helping..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.