I installed Xampp and have the apache, FTP and MySql server running.

Initially i was getting an error:-

error :-
MySQL said: Documentation
1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO).

Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

But then I went to the PhpMyAdmin folder under Xamp and made changes to the config.inc.php file to include my password in the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] ='' section.

Now I am able to login to Mysql.

But the main problem is:-

I have a few schemas and tables already in the database, but when i log in to the database using the PhpMyAdmin I am unable to view those schemas and tables. Please could you help out, as those schemas are the ones that I need to incorporate in my webpage.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Did you use a different user, then the one which created those tables? If so, check your priviliges.

I use Toad for mysql to insert and remove data from the database, and when i login through toad i use "root" as username and "1234" as password.

But when i closely looked into the config file i saw a part where they had login without password="true" i changed that to "false" and now when i try to login using "root" and "1234" i get the error message cannot connect to mysql. The mysql service is running in the xampp control pannel.

i changed that to "false" and now when i try to login using "root" and "1234" i get the error

Change it back

Change it back

i changed it back to true, now i can login with only root as the username and no password, but cannot login with "root" and "1234", and the schema are still not visible...

yes i have a back up created...

Copy and paste your backed up schema in to :

[XAMPP_DIR]\mysql\data

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@debal

In the future try to open one thread and close the other! You'll making Squidge going back and forward with 2 threads. That's not nice if someone is helping you and mention things already on the other thread.

@LastMitch
I am sooooooooooooooo dizzy :)

@LastMItch, i'm sorry about that.

Ah it works now.. I uninstalled the previous installation of Mysql and then installed Xampp, and everything works fine.. Thanks a lot guys. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.