Hi all,

I have attached a CKEDITOR instance on a textarea in a CMS, and it all works fine on localhost, but after uploading the site to the server, I cant see the CKEDITOR toolbar.

The textarea is not turned into an instance and further more, the textarea is not visible. So it seems that CKEDITOR, halfway attach itself and removes the textarea, but doesnt show up.

<textarea name="sidens_indhold" class="tab_sidens_indhold_textarea" id="ckeditor">
<?php echo stripslashes($indhold); ?>
</textarea>

I simply use this to attach the CKEDITOR instance:

CKEDITOR.replace('ckeditor',
{
    width:"98%",

filebrowserBrowseUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/browse.php?type=files',
    filebrowserImageBrowseUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/browse.php?type=images',
    filebrowserFlashBrowseUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/browse.php?type=flash',
    filebrowserUploadUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/upload.php?type=files',
    filebrowserImageUploadUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/upload.php?type=images',
    filebrowserFlashUploadUrl : '../ckeditor/kcfinder-2.51/upload.php?type=flash'
});

This works on other sites, and on localhost, but not for this one. Any ideas on how I can debug this issue and fix it? As it is urgent for the customer to get access to edit his site......

/Klemme

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I have attached a CKEDITOR instance on a textarea in a CMS, and it all works fine on localhost, but after uploading the site to the server, I cant see the CKEDITOR toolbar.

The only thing I can think of for your situation is the path. You are not connecting correctly so that's why it didn't load.

It should look like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../ckeditor/ckeditor.js"> </ script> 

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function (config){ 
config.toolbar = 'Toolbar'; 
etc..
};
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.