Reorder 5 divs dynamically...Right now i am able to swap between two divs using jquery....I want to reorder divs as per wish...For instance if there are 5 divs as div1,div2,div3,div4,div5 etc i must be able to reposition as any order (div4,div3,div2,div5,div1 etc or div3,div2,div5,div4,div1 etc).....I tried many javascript mentioned but none worked....Provide a correct complete code at the earliest
Code for swaping:

<script src="jquery-1.4.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>  
<script src="jquery-Swapies.js" type="text/javascript"></script>  
    <script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function () {
            $(".go-swap").click(function () {

var div1 = document.getElementById("<%=Hiddendiv1.ClientID %>").value;

var div2 = document.getElementById("<%=Hiddendiv2.ClientID %>").value;

$(div1).swap({

target: div2, // Mandatory. The ID of the element we want to swap with  
                    opacity: "0.5", // Optional. If set will give the swapping elements a translucent effect while in motion  
                    speed: 1000, // Optional. The time taken in milliseconds for the animation to occur  

});
            });

});  

</script>
 <div id="div_1" runat="server">THIS IS DIV 1</div>  
<div id="div_2" runat="server">THIS IS DIV 2</div>  
<div id="div_3" runat="server">THIS IS DIV 3</div> 
<div id="div_4" runat="server">THIS IS DIV 4</div> 
<div id="div_5" runat="server">THIS IS DIV 5</div> 
<asp:HiddenField ID="Hiddendiv1" runat="server" />
<asp:HiddenField ID="Hiddendiv2" runat="server" />
  <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"    Text="Select Divs" 
      onclick="Button1_Click"  /> 
    <asp:Button ID="btnsubmit" runat="server"  class="go-swap"  Text="Submit" OnClientClick="return false;" />

Here's a nice tutorial.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.