hey please help me actually i have used the command as part of program
<?php echo "<a href= echo '$Geneprocess'>$Geneprocess</a>";?>
getting a hyperlink bt when i am clicking over it it gives an error for all the hyperlink.... the error is

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost
Apache/2.4.3 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1c PHP/5.4.7

so please tell me where am i getting wrong????????

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Usually the value of "href" is included within double quotes. E.g. <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>. Have you tried that? :)

**<?php echo "<a href= echo '$Geneprocess'>$Geneprocess</a>";?>  **

You place an echo two times.
Why not try this

<?php 

echo "<a href='".$Geneprocess."'>".$Geneprocess."</a>";

?>

you have used echo in href so it was referring to localhost/project/echo.So remove inner echo

<?php 
$Geneprocess="http://google.com";
echo "<a href= '$Geneprocess'>$Geneprocess</a>";
?>

or you can write it in simple way inside html tags

<html>
//write head ,body section
<a href = "<?php echo '$Geneprocess';?>"><?php echo '$Geneprocess';?></a>
</html>

i guess i am facing this because i am using online server so i feel i should install apache php and mysql on my system to make the server here itself...
any suggestions?????????

i guess i am facing this because i am using online server so i feel i should install apache php and mysql on my system to make the server here itself...
any suggestions??????????

The problem and solution as been stated above it is the way you echoed. Either you do it on a local server you would have the same problem. But you should get a local server for development purpose. It would help you. cause you need to perfect your code offline before putting it online.

You can download wamp server and install on your system.

What is the result of

<?php 
    die($Geneprocess); 
?>

Where are you getting $Geneprocess from?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.