Hello,
I'm currently creating a website in C# and I'm trying to add Globalization to my application, however there is an issue I'm currently facing related with the fact that I must change some labels for some buttons I've created in a javascript file, and I was thinking about using Resource files for that matter.

I would like to know if it is possible to add Resource files to a javascript file or not, and what I should do to make it work in my application.

Thanks in advanced for all the help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I'm currently creating a website in C# and I'm trying to add Globalization to my application, however there is an issue I'm currently facing related with the fact that I must change some labels for some buttons I've created in a javascript file, and I was thinking about using Resource files for that matter.

I assume you are talking about this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc296240%28v=vs.95%29.aspx

I never used Resource files so I can't give any comment.

I assuming you are using a MVC?

I feel jQuery/javascript would be much easier to create because I try it on PHP and also on ASP.net.

What make you consisted Resource files as an option?

Are there some files that aren't displaying correctly on your website that you need to used Resource files?

Yes I'm using a MVC application, and Resx Files In App_GlobalResources, that are basically strings.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Yes I'm using a MVC application, and Resx Files In App_GlobalResources, that are basically strings.

Ok. I assume you are asking for an opinion on rather using Resource files over javascript.

I'm not sure what project that require for you to used Resource files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.