Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by paulkd
Featured Replies

Are you sure you are referring to the right path? The slash before user directs it to the root of your server. Perhaps it should be `./user/`, which finds the user folder in the current directory. Read More

> not working Please read this forum's [read-me](http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/php/threads/435023/read-this-before-posting-a-question) and you'll understand why that comment is completely worthless to us. Read More

Are you sure you are referring to the right path? The slash before user directs it to the root of your server. Perhaps it should be ./user/, which finds the user folder in the current directory.

Your related thread stated this at the end...

i solve it with dirname(__FILE__)

Which I thought was overkill, as './'by pritaeas pretty much sets the location relative to the current directory.

Edited by diafol

i'm not sure will work because the code is in a included file through many levels

You could always do an absolute...

$dir = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$dir .= '/subdirectory1/subsubdirectory7/';

This assumes that you haven't stored the upload directory above the document root. This is a bit of a fudge though.

Setting constants like UPLOAD_PATH like these in your top include file (e.g. config.php file) can often obviate these types of problems.

Edited by diafol

i get "open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/user/name_of _user/avatar.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s)"

Edited by andreiviziru

yes but there it tells me to modify apache configurations and restart it. I cant do that on my host

Where on your website is the actual file stored?

e.g. http: //www.mywebsite.com/assets/images/avatar.jpg

Edited by paulkd: don't want the example url to be an anchor

i have somekind of control panel

I think it might be best if you raised a support ticket with your host.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.