if (file_exists('/user/'.$_SESSION['Username'].'/avatar.jpg')) {
echo 'Exists';
} else {
    echo 'Doesn\'t exist';
}

and i get the negative case

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Are you sure you are referring to the right path? The slash before user directs it to the root of your server. Perhaps it should be ./user/, which finds the user folder in the current directory.

not working

Member Avatar for diafol

Your related thread stated this at the end...

i solve it with dirname(__FILE__)

Which I thought was overkill, as './'by pritaeas pretty much sets the location relative to the current directory.

not working

Please read this forum's read-me and you'll understand why that comment is completely worthless to us.

i'm not sure will work because the code is in a included file through many levels

Member Avatar for diafol

You could always do an absolute...

$dir = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$dir .= '/subdirectory1/subsubdirectory7/';

This assumes that you haven't stored the upload directory above the document root. This is a bit of a fudge though.

Setting constants like UPLOAD_PATH like these in your top include file (e.g. config.php file) can often obviate these types of problems.

i get "open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/user/name_of _user/avatar.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s)"

i dont have any control over the server

Member Avatar for diafol

You looked at the link?

yes but there it tells me to modify apache configurations and restart it. I cant do that on my host

Member Avatar for diafol

Do you have cPanel WebHost Manager or Plesk?

Where on your website is the actual file stored?

e.g. http: //www.mywebsite.com/assets/images/avatar.jpg

here's the image
www.jocurigratisonlinenet.ro/user/axxxA/avatar.jpg

i don't have cpanel or plesk, i have somekind of control panel

i have somekind of control panel

I think it might be best if you raised a support ticket with your host.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.