hello everybody
i buil my dynamic site in dreamweaver cs6 but i'm not abble to formate the nember i want format number to decimal number like float in phpmyadmin this is how i do and it don't work please help thank.

<label for="shipping">Sub total</label><input name="subtotal2" type="text"id="subtotal2" value="<?php echo $row_total[ number_format, 'sub_total, 2, ',' ''']; ?>" readonly>

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Ewww Dreamweaver :'(

If you're dealing with currency, which it looks like you are, then you should definately use money_format().

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.money-format.php

However if you just want want to have a decimal place and not a comma change it to this:

$row_total[ number_format, 'sub_total, 2, '.' ''']; ?>"

Notice the change of the comma to a period :)

Did this solve your question Chris?

<?php echo $row_total[ number_format 'sub_total, 2, '.', ''']; ?>"

i use this code and i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''sub_total, 2, '' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ']' in /homepages/0/d461548742/htdocs/zunaphone.com/myspace/panier.php on line 278

I'm no expert on this function, but shouldn't it be:

echo number_format((int)$row_total, 2,'.','');

Since you are denoting an array $row_total[blah];

Are you trying to acheive something like this:

<?php echo number_format($row_total['sub_total'], 2, '.', ''); ?>

?

From the looks of it you're trying to use the number_format function on an array reference? You should instead call the function on the array variable itself. Does that make sense?

@mmcdonald

How would this work:

<?php echo number_format($row_total['sub_total'], 2, '.', '')]; ?>

Where did the last ] come from?

It should be:

Would work, I guess!

=)

I cant believe I actually didnt click with your issue earlier, sorry!

ohh thank too much my friends, this one work

Please mark this thread as solved and give rep to who you think helped you.

Phorce you must have loaded a second after I posted as I edited that extra ']'! You solution stealer!! :D It was a clear typo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.