Good Day Guys

So im having this issue with this site that i develop which is running 24/7 that eats a huge amount of bandwidth every time the page reload every 10sec using META TAG that is affecting our operations specifically our net connection. What i wanna know is if i switch to a AJAX reload would it solved my problem? Hope to hear you're opinion about it so i can made the necessary changes as soon as possible.

Thanks Neil

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What i wanna know is if i switch to a AJAX reload would it solved my problem?

With an AJAX request at least you can reduce the amount of bandwidth needed for a refresh.

What is it's purpose in refreshing every 10 seconds?
Do you record the amount of times it's reloaded?

@pritaeas - thanks for the suggestion i'll give it a try and see the difference on the bandwidth consumption

@paulks

What is it's purpose in refreshing every 10 seconds?

one of my page have this function that change color if the serving time is less than 1hr before the actual time the service will be rendered, also i need to keep track of newly process reservations status and No im not recording it..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.