Hi! I'm not a web developer, but I'm a blogger and I would like some tips on how to create a 404 error message or to do something about this message feom Blogger: "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist." I would like to redirect people from that error page to another page that is viable and which looks better and gives a better impression to the person who want so visit my blogspot blog. Can anyone help me? I don't know how to do that.
Thank you so much!

I performed a search online and found many articles that describe how to get this done. Basically...

1. Go to Settings > Search Preferences
  2. Under Errors and redirections , Edit the Custom Page Not Found option
  3. Now provide the specific HTML in the textarea.

I would like to redirect people from that error page to another page that is viable and which looks better and gives a better impression to the person who want so visit my blogspot blog.

I dont think you have the option to actually redirect to another page for a page not found error. In any case, you dont need to if you follow the steps above. All you need is some HTML markup to customize the look and feel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.