Hey there,

Im doing for a typing platform project to test the typing speed of a user.

I have a SQL database (para1) which store a list of words. I use datalist and linqdatasource to display the text in a textbox (paraBox). What should i do to match the word that i typed in the textbox "typingBox" with the words in "paraBox" ?

My code are as below:

<asp:Content runat="server" ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
    <asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="LinqDataSource1">
        <ItemTemplate>
            <div class="paraBox">
                <asp:TextBox ID="paraBox" Text='<%# Eval("Para1") %>' runat="server" Overflow="auto" Height="80px" Width="800px"></asp:TextBox> 
            </div>                        
        </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:DataList>   

<asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource1" runat="server" ContextTypeName="Test_WebRole.ParaDataDataContext" EntityTypeName="" Select="new (Para1)" TableName="Paras">
    </asp:LinqDataSource> 

<br />
    <div class="textBox">
        <asp:TextBox ID="typingBox" runat="server" Height="40px" Width="400px"></asp:TextBox>       
    </div>

</asp:Content>

Thanks in advance

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by AleMonteiro

In this case you would have to loop throw the DataSource itens and test one by one, using simple complare(==), IndexOf(to match the begining) or regular expression(to do more sofisticated matches).

Another way is to query the database for matches using the equals or like operators.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.