i'm new learn php and mysql and i got stuck can't get better logic for my brain i want to get message from page if i type url like index.php?user=user1 and page will show with data table and if username doesn't exist and page show no username found so this example when i type index.php?user=22222 and page show message no username found here my query

<?php
if(isset($_GET['user'])) {
        $result = mysql_query("select * from content where username = '" . $_GET['user'] . "' limit 3;");

$get_jml = mysql_query("select count(*) as jml from content");
        $jml = 0;
        while($h_jml = mysql_fetch_array($get_jml)){
        $jml_artcles = $h_jml['total'];         
            }   
        }else {}
        $jml_page = ceil($jml_articles); 
?>

<?php while($data = mysql_fetch_array($result)){ ?>
/*some code here */

<?php } ?>  

what can i add or change my query above sorry my english bad
thanks

Recommended Answers

Don't use mysql_* functions - they are deprecated - use mysqli or PDO instead,

Don't place input vaiables directly into SQL as you may be open to SQL injection - use prepared statements and bind parameters.

What is this trying to do? The two queries don't seem to make much …

Jump to Post

Posts are never deleted. You can always click solved.

Can you at least tell us what was wrong and what you did to fix it?

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar

Don't use mysql_* functions - they are deprecated - use mysqli or PDO instead,

Don't place input vaiables directly into SQL as you may be open to SQL injection - use prepared statements and bind parameters.

What is this trying to do? The two queries don't seem to make much sense.

i was wrong for this .. I've resolve this problem
how can i delete this post ?

@diafol I have not learned about PDO or MSYQLI ..if you can help .. can you type example from my query above from mysql to PDO ?
Thanks

Posts are never deleted. You can always click solved.

Can you at least tell us what was wrong and what you did to fix it?

Member Avatar

@diafol I have not learned about PDO or MSYQLI ..if you can help .. can you type example from my query above from mysql to PDO ?
Thanks

No sorry. You can learn PDO or mysqli from the php.net manual or from hundreds of online tutorials - or check out pritaeas' php snippets on Daniweb - you just need to search. You can then test your own examples. :)

@blackmiau my problem is if url type index.php?user=user1 is on table so the data will show else if index.php?user=user2 doesn't exist on table the page will show message about what i want example "the url doesn't exist" i fix it base on query above with add this

<?php
if(isset($_GET['user'])) {
$result = mysql_query("select * from content where username = '" . $_GET['user'] . "' limit 3;");
if(mysql_num_rows($result) != 1){
        echo"<h2 style='color:#EA6213;text-align:center;'>Username is invalid or you don't have any post here..</h2>";
        echo "<br/>";
        }

@diafol : Ok thanks for your suggest

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.