when i hove over the link i get the id right example localhost/wall/roves/345
when i try this
<a href="<?php echo $base_url ?>roves.php" style="font-weight:bold"><?php echo $message;?></a>
without the id that is, it opens a page
i use this
<a href='<?php echo $base_url ?>**status/<?php echo $msg_id; ?>**' class="timeago" title='<?php echo $mtime; ?>'></a>
and it works on the status page, but not on the roves page
The url: wall/roves/378
looks as though it deends upon Apache mod_rewrite.
wall/roves.php should work if this is indeed the path to the file roves.php
However, if your .htaccess rewrite code is a bit off, then I would imagine that your server wouldn't know where to find roves/378 - so it's probably looking for a roves directory and a file called 378 (with no extension).
Perhaps something like this...
RewriteRule ^roves/([^/]*)$ /roves.php?id=$1 [L]
This assumes the querystring parameter value of 378 is assigned to the 'key' of 'id'. So your php code can do this at the url wall/roves/378 :
/* Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
* contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
* this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
* The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
* (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
* @file mod_rewrite.h
* @brief Rewrite Extension module for Apache
* @defgroup MOD_REWRITE mod_rewrite
* @ingroup APACHE_MODS
#define MOD_REWRITE_H 1
/* rewrite map function prototype */
typedef char *(rewrite_mapfunc_t)(request_rec *r, char *key);
/* optional function declaration */
(char *name, rewrite_mapfunc_t *func));
#endif /* MOD_REWRITE_H */
/** @} */