Member Avatar for iamthwee

Bit of an open question I must admit but I began working on my own CMS in codeigniter. Trouble is - it is getting massive and taking very long. Now I like that wordpress has most of the things already integrated so I was just wondering who here has integrated wordpress with codeigniter successfully.

I want to create my own custom php in codeigniter because its nice and easy but integrate in wp.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I think it would be rather tough to take an existing, very mature product, such as Wordpress, and retrofit it onto a framework. What would the benefit be?

Those links provided by <M/> are pretty good start.

commented: gracias +10

@iamthwee,

After thinking more about this and the efforts you have already invested on your CMS, would it be possible for you to just build the blog in CI? The reason is that you are almost there. Just few more steps and you're done. You can do it Dude :).

commented: Lets play the Rocky Theme Song For Him Then +0

Just few more steps and you're done. You can do it Dude :).

in that case, lets play the Rocky theme song for him :)

commented: Rocky theme song and Thunderstruck by AC/DC should do it for him :). +9

Rocky theme song and Thunderstruck by AC/DC should do it for him :).

commented: or we can play eye of the tiger +0

I think it would be rather tough to take an existing, very mature product, such as Wordpress, and retrofit it onto a framework. What would the benefit be?

A lot. Some wordpress themes come with their own page builders, fully e-commerce modules (woocommerce) and themed and styled by a professional.

For example, a client might like the look of a theme and it would be easier/cost effective to provide the option with wordpress.

Any bespoke modules I was thinking could be added with codeigniter. I could hook this into a wordpress 'template.'

It's definitely something to look into as a time saver.

That being said, like veedeo said I'm close to finishing off.

In fact I already have a blog, full login system with authentication via email, full forum system built from scratch, full navigation system with drag and drop, almost complete page builder.

I'll look into those link tomorrow.

Veedeo I just sent you a private mail.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.