Hi peeps,

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I've been asked to look into a situation for a client. They have a .com domain for their website and they registered also their name as .nl, .eu, .be and a couple more. I know how to redirect these domains to their .com domain, but a competitor of them have also a lot of extension of their name, but they don't redirect (I guess) because the extension stays the same. It looks like they load exact copies of their website on these domains. I can't believe they host their website on all these domains independantly... that would be a maintanance hell I asume and perhaps also not good for SEO.

So how would they have done such thing?

Cheers,
Ralph

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I figured out how to do this. I need to point the DNS of the other extensions to the hosting of the .com domain. Or something like that... I will ask the hosting provider for assistance :)

You have done the right thing, I prefer to ask the hosting provider at first before trying my own ninja IT skills.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.