Hi Guys, Do you have any ideas on how to create and read barcodes in PHP? Ive been researching it but still I did'nt get answers. Thank You!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

To create barcodes, you can use jQuery for example:

http://barcode-coder.com/en/barcode-online-generator-2.html

To read them, you usually use a scanner. The simplest is a keyboard wedge scanner, which acts like a keyboard when plugged in. You scan the barcode and it sends the data as a string, just as you would have typed it.

What exactly do you need it for?

PHP runs server side so any operation in data before PHP must use a client side solution (e.g. JavaScript) as well (except if you mean that you want to have PHP recognize the bar code from an image file that is really a non straightforward solution) . There are numerous implementations of how to do it. What have you tried ?

I didnt try yet, just reading some tutorials which I can not understand. Thanx Ok I need it in my system, for receiving documents so I use PHP/MySQL.

HI @pritaeas, yes its kinda like that, but how can i put that through my code? I want it to directly create a barcode. Thank You.

Hi, I really can't understand that, I downloaded the sample but still I do not know where to start.

Did you try the example code on that page? Do you have GD enabled? The code is there, so what exactly is the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.