Hi iam working on one scenario.. employe A send a Requesting mail to Project manager B,
project manager B approves a request from employee and send the mail to project manager C for further process,after approving from project manager C it
will go to department head like this...
so
here A is a reportong to PM B,
and PM B is reporting to PM C,
therefore the mails from A,it has to go to PM C,it should not go to PM B(it should automatically skip),
here it is n level and it should be dynamic

iam storing immediate reporter in table ,i have to fetch this value for immadiate reporter

Any suggention??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sweet mother of god ....I'm so confused.

So first you said you want it to go from A --> B --> C, and then you said it should go A --> C and skip B?

Member Avatar for red.peugeot

Another user who doesn't bother to check his post. This is not a language issue either. If he doesn't care enough to ask a simple question properly, we shouldn't care to answer.

Hi DJBirdi

sorry if iam not clear,
Case:1

A is Employee(E),B is Project manager(PM),C is department head(DH),and D is HR
then it should follow this flow.
A(e)-->B(pm)-->C(dh)-->D(hr)
explanation:employee A(e) sends a request to B whos designation is PM,a project manager B aproves employee A's request and send it to the C whos designation is DH,and like this flow will continue.
Note: here A,B,C and D having different Positions.

Case:2

if B and C having same designation PM
a person A(e) sends a request to B (pm), who is reporting C (pm),
then it should follow this flow.
A(e)-->C(PM)-->D(hr) (here we want to skip B, because both B and C are having same designation(PM))
Note: the request from employee A directly it should go to C,bcoz both B and C having the same position

i think i have explaind everythn and as per my needs.
any help??

Member Avatar for Zagga

I'm still not entirely sure what you want here, but:

If you store all of the managers in a database (or array) along with their designation, you can select one person from each management level (1xPM, 1xDH, 1xHR) to build your email chain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.