I want to order a website for my online shop, but I have a question: who is better to hire, a freelancer or a company? I can't make the site I want alone because I don't have much experience in creating sites. I think hiring companies is expensive. I don't even know if it makes sense to overpay. I don't need a fancy website. Simple, but beautiful site which will be information about my business. So what do you recommend?

niraj11122 commented: Hi Xianders, +0
YashaaGlobal commented: 2 important Factors to remember while making this decision. 1. You get what you pay for, and 2. Companies have bigger brain-trust for your need. +0

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Small world. I have stories about such. The best one is where I was asked years ago and answered GoDaddy. Low 6 figures "blown" over 5 years, a few consultants and at the 5 year mark they fired all of them and asked yet another consultant. The answer was again GoDaddy which their site came online the very next week and sales the week after that.

I could write more but you also noted Effective in prior posts so you do have developers to chat with besides here.

The staff at the company I told the story about are not programmers. They do and are doing great.

Hello Mr.Xianders ,
I design your online shopping web and support it then.
The cost for my design is standard and cheap.
This is my email;
bah9mh@yahoo.com

Have a good day,

It depends to you. We are a company also working as a freelancer, we are developing website and software since 2006 with a professional team.

contact if you want to hire for your project.

info@alienwebdevelopers.com

Hi sir,

I have review your requirments to build the Online store. I am having 10+ year experience in PHP, MAGENTO & E-commerce development.
I can build your E-commerce store with very much Affordable pricing.

Please ping me soon. if you need any help.

Depends on your final purpose. If you have a big project you should better use company

It all depends on your needs, requirements and the site in general. If you are planning a big business, then hiring a company will be more responsible for you, but if you plan a simple website, then freelancing is a good choice.

You will need someone that you can find any time and make changes in your software. Many years ago some people thought that having magento or all the other ready made solutions would be enough for their e-shop.

As it turned out (some of us knew it) having a ready made solution is never enough for almost 90% of e-shops. For the 10% that go with this either they change their needs to match the software or just suppress their needs.  Moreover what I think most people have figured out already is that ready made solutions (magento e.t.c) have plugins that cost , and custom made plugins that cost even more. So yes you can go with a freelancer and with a ready made solution as long as you are sure that you can contact this freelancer and the cost of maintaining / changing your software is reasonable.

On the other hand sticking with a company doesn't say much , do they use ready made solutions ? .. Will they be around when you need them to change anything?

The only reason I would go with a freelancer in you case is if that freelancer were by brother or if I had only three products with no variations , attributes, filters 

Use Upwork. Highly recommended.

For online shop i recommed you should hire a company becuase they will have better individual team members experience. However, you may alos hire a freelancer from the freelancer website. There you can see the expertise of the freelancer and accordingly you can go for best one. Also, i suggest decide the pricing in advance.

Regards
Jayendra

hello xianders

as you want to make new website then there are many websites there in which you can join and make free website as you want and you can design them as per your choices for eg wix,godaddy etc you can check this site this will help you and its easy though.

I will highly recommend UPWORK(freelancing). Good luck

If you have a really simple site that does not have complex logic and a database, then you can turn to freelancers, the main thing is to choose an experienced one and not fall for a beginner. Always ask them for job portfolios.
If you have a site on which you want to constantly change your content, if you want guests to be able to log in and enter the database, then I advise the company.
Here you also need to be careful with this, you can find a not-so-good company.
Good luck to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.