I want to get the direct link from the file in my other hosting. Is this possible? Or i must buy domain name and upload the files there to get the link?

I will use this hosting to upload videos and link to them from my website. This way ill have more faster website

I have created folder in my File Manager cPanel tool named videos and there are the videos that i want to link to my website. But i dont know how to get the direct link from the .mp4 file

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It is possible to get a direct link to a file hosted on a different hosting service. The exact method for doing this will depend on the hosting service you are using and the specific features they offer. In general, however, you should be able to find the direct link to your file by accessing your hosting account and looking for the option to share or download the file. Once you have the direct link, you can use it to link to the file from your website.

If you are using a hosting service that does not provide the option to generate a direct link to your files, you may need to purchase a domain name and upload the files to a new hosting account in order to get a direct link to them. This will allow you to link to the files from your website and improve the speed of your site.

In general, it is a good idea to use a dedicated hosting service for your videos, as this will ensure that they are delivered to your website visitors quickly and efficiently. A dedicated hosting service will also provide you with more control over the way your videos are delivered to your website visitors, which can be helpful if you need to customize the experience in any way.

commented: Your answers are so proffesional! +6

Echoing what Skillz is saying, you need to access the files either by a domain name or by an IP address. If you are on a shared hosting plan, and it's not a feature of your hosting company's control panel, you most likely can't use the IP address option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.