According to me, some important elements in HTML5 that support media are <video>, <embed>, and <source>. I would like to know something more about it from you guys.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

<video> is an HTML5 element that allows you to embed video content on a web page. The <video> element supports multiple video formats, such as MP4, WebM, and Ogg. You can also use the <source> element within the <video> element to specify different video sources for different browsers.

<embed> is an HTML5 element that allows you to embed external content, such as videos, images, and flash animations, on a web page. It is often used to embed videos from popular video-sharing websites such as YouTube and Vimeo.

<source> is an HTML5 element that is used within the <video> and <audio> elements to specify different media sources for different browsers. This allows you to provide multiple versions of the same video or audio file in different formats, such as MP4 and WebM, and have the browser automatically choose the best one to play.

These elements are useful for embedding multimedia content on webpages, but it's important to note that not all web browsers support all video and audio formats. Therefore, it's best practice to provide multiple formats to ensure that your media can be played on as many browsers and devices as possible.

I think there is also <canvas></canvas> that must be added to the list

I'm not even quite sure if the OP is asking for a list of all HTML5 media elements, or more about the three he listed?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.