I'm trying to become a digital marketer so I am new to a range of subjects. I've asked questions before and I wanna thank the community for answering my questions. I'm studying SEO at the minute and I'm on the topic of optimising the website architecture for better SEO results. But it cant be that important, can't you just put anything anywhere on a website? I feel like it wouldn't make a big difference if you didn't optimise your website architecture.

Website architecture is important to navigation, and having a clear user-friendly navigation structure that makes it easy for users to understand what they are looking at in the grand scheme of your site. For example, the URL for this page is:

https://www.daniweb.com/programming/web-development/threads/540077/question-about-seo-architecture

and the breadcrumb navigation at the top of this page says:

Home > Programming Forum > Web Development Forum > Discussion / Question

Both of those things give the end-user quick clues to how the site is structured and organized, and what else they might find on the site. So at the end of the day, yes, you can put anything anywhere on a website, but the goal is to optimize the end-user's experience. So organize things in the best way to make that possible :)

commented: Yep, That's right and also make it easy and clear, give a chance for the users to slide easily into your website for what they want. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.