Web development refers to the creating, building, and maintaining of websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management. It is the creation of an application that works over the internet i.e. websites.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

In simple language, if I say web development," I mean simply working on non-designing parts of a website. Remember, web design is different, and web development is different. In web development, you work on codes and writing markups where in designing, you work on UX/UI or in layman's term , web designing is how your website actually looks. its colour, fonts, text formatting, websites look, etc. are all included in web design.

Web development involves programming, designing, and maintaining websites and web applications. It is the hidden work that ensures websites look great, operate quickly, and deliver a seamless user experience. Web developers achieve this by utilizing diverse coding languages.

Web development is closely related to the job of designing the features and functionality of websites and apps (often called “web design”), but the “web development” term is usually reserved for the actual construction and programming of websites and apps.

Think of all the web pages you have used over the years – Web Developers built those sites, making sure they functioned properly and performed in ways that allowed for a great user experience. Web Developers do this by writing lines of code, using a variety of programming languages, which vary depending on the tasks they are performing and the platforms they are working on.

Web design focuses on the visual aspects of a website, including layout, color schemes, typography, and user interface design. It aims to create an aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly experience for website visitors. Web designers use tools like graphic design software and HTML/CSS to create the visual elements of a website.

commented: AI generated? +15
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.