I want to create a new asp file with another asp file already made using VBScript. Is there anyway I can do that without concatenating every few chars to a writeline function?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could you explain why you require this function? Perhaps there is a better alternative.

It's an assignment to create a discussion messageboard. I made one page to hold all the threads and create new asp pages for each child thread. I made the template to make each child thread using a simple write function, with a whole bunch of shit in it, which I hate doing because I pride myself in always having organized code.

I got it working fine, but are there any suggestions on how to do it without lines of
vbCrLf ...&Chr(34)"&...&...&...&Chr(34)"&...&_
???

as opposed to having a second page for your child threads, did you consider holding them in panels and making the specific panel visible when a user asks for it? Or did you think of using sessions?

Just a suggestion but I suppose that you have to stick to criteria?

Slade

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.