Hi ,

Good Morning!

Doubt : How to add a hyperlink in xml file.

System: Need to plot points on a map.This points x,y coridinates a link is the information contained in the <node> tag.I use php to write this xml file by taking information from the database at each load of the page.

<xml>
<categories id='1' ></categories>
<categories id='n' ></categories>

<node id='1' category=''><x>X</x><y></y><lnk></link>

</xml>

Above is a rough structure but the thing is that if i dont try to use link then the xml file is used to plot the points else it says not valid format in ff javascript console.

this link is fetched from database table before writing to xml file.Please help me with nice pointers , suggestion and if possible a dummy code.

regards

Harish

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi ,

Good Morning!

Doubt : How to add a hyperlink in xml file.

System: Need to plot points on a map.This points x,y coridinates a link is the information contained in the <node> tag.I use php to write this xml file by taking information from the database at each load of the page.

<xml>
<categories id='1' ></categories>
<categories id='n' ></categories>

<node id='1' category=''><x>X</x><y></y><lnk></link>

</xml>

Above is a rough structure but the thing is that if i dont try to use link then the xml file is used to plot the points else it says not valid format in ff javascript console.

this link is fetched from database table before writing to xml file.Please help me with nice pointers , suggestion and if possible a dummy code.

regards

Harish

i have added a simple examples to help u
try it
if u want to kno somemore pm me or
query here

requires:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Flash 8
a) The xml script saved as "hyperlink.xml" and saved in same loc as flash file
b) Text field on stage name: MyHTMLText_Field_txt
c) Patience while Adobe's main page takes forever to load as opposed to the old Macromedia home page which loaded instantly......
--------------------------------------------------------------
The XML for xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<![CDATA[
<p><br>Go to Adobe <a href="http://www.adobe.com" target="_blank"><font color="#FFC384"><u>http://www.adobe.com</u></font></a>]]>

The Flash script

MyHTMLText_Field_txt.html = true;
MyHTMLText_Field_txt.htmlText = true;
var PulledFromXMLFile:XML = new XML ();
PulledFromXMLFile.ignoreWhite = true;
PulledFromXMLFile.onLoad = function (success:Boolean):Void
{
if (success)
{
MyHTMLText_Field_txt.htmlText = PulledFromXMLFile.firstChild.nodeValue;
trace ("success");
//PulledFromXMLFile = null;
} else
{
trace ("failure");
}
};
PulledFromXMLFile.load ("hyperlink.xml");

hi beatle,

Thanks for your reply and consideration. I forgot to share what i made out as solution here also. Well, yours was a new piece of information and i would be pinging you soon with some queries. This solved my issue with the hyperlinks and style sheets :

<tr><td>

<a>
<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="details"/>
</xsl:attribute>
More Info
</a> |
<a target="_blank">
<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="url"/>
</xsl:attribute>
Visit Website.
</a>
</td></tr></table>

I am pasting this here believing someone else might find this useful!!!I would post the site link where you could see this in action in 2 days.

with regards and best wishes

Harish

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.