I would like to be able to close one of my layers which is in a div tag. I have used css to specify an image in this layer and it will have a link in it aswell. I would like to have another text link that allows the user to close this popup. I would ideally like to do this with some javascript that I can attach to the head of my page and a text link that "calls" the javascript in the document.

Also, I hope it isn't to much to ask but is there anyway of having someking of effect eg. it peeling off?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out on this.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I can't believe that nobody knows how to do it......

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Popup, I'd imagine dhtml might have something relevant.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

As for your popup peeling off. You might be better of doing that in flash.

Cheers for that link. Obviously this isn't the right place to post this but how do you have a transparent background in a flash swf file? Because this is what it would have to be if I were to achieve the peeling of effect.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

My flash is pretty rusty, I dabbled with motion tweening n stuff and since reformatting my pc I haven't used it since.

But to make flash transparent. You.

1.Select file > publish settings

2. Click the html tab, click the window mode drop down menu and select transparent windowless. Then press the publish button at the bottom and then click ok.

You should see that a HTML document has been created in the folder where the original flash movie was created.

Thank you very much for that. I have been wondering how to do that for an incredibly long time. Or atleast that's what it feels like. Cheers

i also can't belive that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.