Hi guys, I'm working on a website to promote an upcoming movie. I'm telling you this so I'm not shunned when I tell you i need help, possibly with a myspace issue, I'm not sure. Anyway, I inserted a song from the movie, using a simple embed code.

<embed src="URL" autostart="true" loop="false" volume="50%" height="20" width="145"></embed>

And at first all is well with the world. The music plays and i'm happy. But then suddenly after the 3rd reload or so, windows pops up titled
Illegal Operation in Plug-in

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart Firefox.

Anyway after hitting ok a few times, mozilla usually just closes by itself. Ive opened the page in internet explorer, and it comes up just fine. No problems yet. Just with mozilla. You can see the error yourself; myspace.com/moscowchill

I looked back at the source code and myspace has put this in my embed code.

enableJavascript="false" allowscriptaccess="never" allownetworking="internal" allowScriptAccess="never"

Any help would be much appreciated. It should be noted that I'm pretty new to html, so sorry if this is a dumb post. -Vince

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Why not use myspace's inbuilt song sharing? You can set up a band profile, add the song you want, and then add that song onto your profile as the background music, all using myspace's functionality.

Otherwise, try embeding the same music on a standard HTML page using your embed code and see what happens. Then try embedding the same music using the myspace-altered embed code.

I think that indicates that you are trying to use code which myspace prohibits. Check the rules.

Actually, I just found out that embed was never standard code.

Only IE and Netscape ever supported it, nd they did it in different ways.

Use the object tag instead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.