Hi,
I have a table named 'team' which has fields such as name,contactno and dob.
My entries are:

For eg:
name : Arun Kumar K
contactno : 9445123880
dob : 27 Mar
I want to display the name of corresponding members(here Arun Kumar K) on the previous day of his dob(here 26 Mar) as

For eg:
Tomorrow is Arun Kumar k's Bday
and on 27 Mar as

Today is Arun Kumar K's bday.
This should be displayed on the first page(index.php) of my website automatically (like www.orkut.com's home page)

That mean dob should get compaired with System date on each day and the correspondin name(s) should get displayed on the particular days automatically

I used echo date('d-m-y'); for getting system date,but it is not giving as what i expected,ie 27 mar,it is giving 27 03.For the rest(the compairing work) i worked for two days(i am a newbie) but no result.

Please help.

Its very much needed for the completion of my web project.
If u can plz provide me with full script.

plzz help..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This should be of some help especially

M A short textual representation of a month, three letters Jan through Dec

i) what is the method of run php. i have installed php and apachce server in my pc.
ii) is php run in iis server? is it possible?

i) what is the method of run php. i have installed php and apachce server in my pc.
ii) is php run in iis server? is it possible?

iii) any other supporting software need in php?
iv) give me a procedure to run php

You can run PHP via command line or via your web browser.

What happens if you type http://localhost/ in your browser ?

Hi,

Calculate the time stamp for one day(strtotime), now get the timestamp for the birthday and the timestamp for the currect server time.. when the timestamp of B'day is equal to (timestamp of current date - timestamp of one day) Display .. tommorow is B'day.. when the timestamp of b'day equal to timestamp of current day .. dispplay today is b'day....

i am not sure mine is the efficient logic... but you can try if you want..

~J

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.