I am developing an application for an inbound call center to enter orders. They need to be able to record each call automatically from within the web application. (I want this to be invisible to the user if possible). I want to launch sound recorder when a user clicks a button, have it start recording, and then stop recording when they click another button, save the file with the order ID in the filename, and copy it to a server on the network. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am developing an application for an inbound call center to enter orders. They need to be able to record each call automatically from within the web application. (I want this to be invisible to the user if possible). I want to launch sound recorder when a user clicks a button, have it start recording, and then stop recording when they click another button, save the file with the order ID in the filename, and copy it to a server on the network. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Did you ever get this working? I am in the need of the same type of solution and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
David

You probably need to set up a windows Association similar to the way in which the mailto: command causes your default mail reader to open. I can't give you an exact how-to. Have a look at mailto in your windows registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Chris

it would require Client-Side actionsript and Server-Side actionscript. The client would need to grab the microphone (using Microphone object) and send it to the FlashComm Server (using NetConnection & NetStream). On the server, you would need a function to grab the stream and record it to an FLV...unfortunatly, there is no way (as far as i know...) to record to wav/mp3

BTW:You should look into joining the ChattyFig FlashComm ListServ if you want FlashComm help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.