Hello I installed XAMMP for learning php on my local drive when it was completed. I run a simple programming but I receive error 404 what would be my issue with XAMMP, the installation is successful

Any recommendation, I want to switch

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

hii

it means installation is not successful
when u type this http://localhost/ in the browser, the XAMPP page should be opened else installation is unsuccessful
will get back to u with more details when i know

Hello I installed XAMMP for learning php on my local drive when it was completed. I run a simple programming but I receive error 404 what would be my issue with XAMMP, the installation is successful

Any recommendation, I want to switch

the XAMMP page display correctly when i viewing my php page in display that error

No offense, but where did you save your file? Not sure where is XAMPP's root folder, but all pages should be in there.

Did you save the file in
C:/Program files/xampp/htdocs/your_file.php ?

Maybe not in program files, but at least where the xampp folder is ;)

I know that you had to save it to actual dir of the XAMMP

I don't know if xammp had a folder in the program files

I just deployed it on the c:/zip it at c directory.

There you go...problem solved right?

It should be ;)

yeah it needs to be in:

(xampp install path)/htdocs

But I having probelms when I uploaded the whole folder.
for example my index.php is in folder Proj then i should write at the url

http://localhost/Proj/index.php

right?but the expected result won't comply..

The easy way to test if your PHP installation is ok is to simply create a new php file with the following code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Another things to take in mind are:

• how you write your file and folder names.
  • Check your file and folder permissions.

Do you try http://localhost/proj/index.php???
BTW, it would be helpful if you post your code to take a look at.

But how i could know the permission of a file?how could i performed chmod on window?

i think its a firewall problem. Physically disconnect from the internet (so you dont get hacked while you do the next bit) then turn off ALL firewall software. If the 404 error goes away then we know its a firewall issue

If im not mistaken, you said you deployed it on c:/zip. Probably, your files should be saved on
C:/zip/xampp/htdocs/

a firewall issue may also be the cause.

But how i could know the permission of a file?how could i performed chmod on window?

To view or change the permissions of a file or folder simply right click over it and select the properties option of the contextual menu that appears, then click the security tab to view it, and if you want to change some of them simply click over the options.

you dont get that on the home editions btw

....m having problem on running my 1st php prog...i already install xammp successfully....error 404

i tried all.. since i getting same problem not found not found........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.