hey there

i just wanna ask...

i am new to web design thing

and i have a domain.... and used ASP.NET to create a website
and i wanna publish this website on the domain!!
how can i do it?!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

From build menu choose "Publish Website". Select a folder on your local hardrive, I publish all mine to C:\Deploy\<project name> (put your own project name here)

Then when it's finished just FTP the whole lot up to your hosts server.

If you have a database there maybe more work to do. Depends on if you're using Acess mdb, a Sql Server mdf file or an external database in Sql Server Express for example. It also depends on how the host likes to do things. They should have detailed instructions, or a support contact to help you deploy your site.

That is, if your host supports ASP.NET....

From build menu choose &quot;Publish Website&quot;. Select a folder on your local hardrive, I publish all mine to C:\Deploy\<project name> (put your own project name here)

Then when it's finished just FTP the whole lot up to your hosts server.

If you have a database there maybe more work to do. Depends on if you're using Acess mdb, a Sql Server mdf file or an external database in Sql Server Express for example. It also depends on how the host likes to do things. They should have detailed instructions, or a support contact to help you deploy your site.

thanks man for replying i did publish website but it said publish failed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.