Hello,
I'm a newbi to both scripting and asp. I aneed to understand this error message being received from an existing web page. This is displayed on most page refreshes.

“Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a0005
invalid procedure call or argument ‘mid’
/notify_shipped asp, line 24

The website uses MySQL for a database and that it tied to an Access database on the local server here.

The function appears to be referring to stripping the middle initial of a name to insert into a response email to be sent to the user. But this appears on most pages. I am told some users see it and some don't.

I can post the code of the notify_shipped asp if needed for clarity. Advise and suggestions are welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

yes please post the code

PLEASE SEND ME ALL CODE THATS WHY I AM CHECK ..

Hello,
I'm a newbi to both scripting and asp. I aneed to understand this error message being received from an existing web page. This is displayed on most page refreshes.

“Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a0005
invalid procedure call or argument ‘mid’
/notify_shipped asp, line 24

The website uses MySQL for a database and that it tied to an Access database on the local server here.

The function appears to be referring to stripping the middle initial of a name to insert into a response email to be sent to the user. But this appears on most pages. I am told some users see it and some don't.

I can post the code of the notify_shipped asp if needed for clarity. Advise and suggestions are welcome.

No need to post the code here yet. From the looks of the error, there is a Mid function call on line 24 of page notify_shipped asp.

Go to that page and that line and make sure that you're calling the function properly. Remember, this is a function not a SUB routine, so it is supposed to RETURN a value, and that value is going to be of STRING type.

The syntax of the call is: S = Mid(string,start[,length]) where [,length] refers to an optional value.

Your call should look something like any of these:

strNewString = Mid(strMyString, 6) <-- returns all characters after character 6

strNewString = Mid(strMyString, 7, 10) <-- returns characters between 7 and 10

strNewString = Mid(strMyString, 1, len(strMyString-4)) <-- returns all characters in the string minus the last 4 characters of the original string. For dynamic string lengths.

Good Luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.