Hi Everyone. Still have had no joy on my last post but here is another. I am uploading an image to a blob field in MySql DB. Again, on my local machine its fine...however, on the server it does not get added to the field. All other information is added....eg fileName and Type but not the actual file. Any ideas from anyone??

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi Everyone. Still have had no joy on my last post but here is another. I am uploading an image to a blob field in MySql DB. Again, on my local machine its fine...however, on the server it does not get added to the field. All other information is added....eg fileName and Type but not the actual file. Any ideas from anyone??

Could you post the code you're using to save the fields to the database please. That would help in figuring the problem out.

If the code is correct and works in local machine, it's possible that you have a permission problem on the server. Make sure you make the upload folder writable. A warning should be printed out when this fails, but maybe that is going in your logs and you don't see it.

You may want to phpinfo your server and check what the value for post_max_size is set to.
if it is set lower then your picture size then there is your problem.
I think Default for php is 2MB but not sure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.