I'm using the netbeans software to create my web application
i have created the custom tag and bean classes
after that i should make the jar file to embed it in my web application but i could't create that jar file in any way
plz help me to get this problem solved

thanks in advane

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

read the manual.
I'm sure Netbeans can do it for you, but your question once again shows very clearly why you should NEVER try to learn a new language by using an IDE as it only teaches how to click buttons.

why you should NEVER try to learn a new language by using an IDE as it only teaches how to click buttons.

what do u mean with that ?

i wish u can help me with steps.

thanks alot

Using NetBeans or some other IDE is surely a quicker way of development, but am sure what Jwenting correctly pointed is - it can never be as good as, creating executable jars using command line, try going through manual by simply doing jar -man on your command prompt. Next step should be through ANT.

I also use my IDE to generate jars, and that too in just 2 clicks, and those two clicks are for starting ANT using build script :)

Anyways just for your reference:
http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~dquigley/cse219/index.php?it=netbeans&tt=jar&pf=y

why you should NEVER try to learn a new language by using an IDE as it only teaches how to click buttons.

what do u mean with that ?

That you're learning Netbeans, not Java.
You're asking questions about Netbeans, thinking they're questions about Java.

You'll end up knowing which buttons to push in the version of Netbeans you're now using to do something, then when faced with another editor (even another version of Netbeans) you'll be utterly lost because those buttons aren't where you expect them to be and you don't know the first thing about how to do things yourself.

I've seen enough such failed "programmers" to ever want to see one again.

Hey boy, just let's start from ASSEMBLY!

I started there, BUT IT WAS NOT SO PRODUCTIVE.

That's why people use IDEs, just to do SOMETHING and earn money from their little shitty life.

commented: flamer -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.