Hi guys,

Please, I need your help.

I made a web site with a login page. In my laptop it works perfectly, bu when I move the site to other computer, and I put the user name, the password and submit it doesn´t move to the next page.

I´m using Apache 2.2.4, PHP5.2.1 and MySQL 5. 1, and I´m developing with Dreamweaver MX2004.

Can you please tell me what I can be doing wrong? I´m new on this...

Thnks
Nuno

Is your username and password text field inside a form?
Does the Form property METHOD box says POST?
Does the form property ACTION box says <?php echo $loginFormAction; ?>

Check those things, else try to send some of the codes?

Best Regards,

Berhe

Does the form property ACTION box says <?php echo $loginFormAction; ?>

why would the action attribute have to contain this ?

The Username and password text fields should be kept within a form. And that form have to know what action to do, like for example to insert a record, the form action should be;
<?php echo $editFormAction; ?>

Thanks,

Berhe

Hi guys,

Please, I need your help.

I made a web site with a login page. In my laptop it works perfectly, bu when I move the site to other computer, and I put the user name, the password and submit it doesn´t move to the next page.

I´m using Apache 2.2.4, PHP5.2.1 and MySQL 5. 1, and I´m developing with Dreamweaver MX2004.

Can you please tell me what I can be doing wrong? I´m new on this...

Thnks
Nuno

LOL
It's because on your laptop you have a database with a table admin(or whatever you name it ) which contains the info to be checked when a user tries to log in .

When you take your script on another computer,you only take the php code , but not the table admin.U can export the sql you used to create the table in phpmyadmin using ,of course,the export comand.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.