DianeD 0 Newbie Poster

I need some advice and/or help. I placed a form on a clients website and it utilizes a perl mail form script to send the submitted email to the clients optonline (cable) email address. The form works great, however, now the client is telling me that when he opens the email he cannot see the message unless he clicks on the "Reply" button. Only then can he see what was sent. The email is sent in a text format. I need to know why this is happening and what I can do about it.

Not only that, but now he's telling me that he wishes to be able to retrieve his emails on his Mobile Phone but because he cannot view the messages (unless he clicks on the Reply while on Optonline), he's not going to be able to retrieve his messages on his Mobile phone.

Is there some sort of script that can send both text and HTML emails? Even better if the script can sense which way to go, text or HTML format. I thought I saw a (free) script somewhere that can sense that, but now can't seem to be able to find it. I'm not even sure if the script is the problem but maybe the ISP.

I would appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks,
DianeD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.